“The main missions of the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI) centre on building, maintaining and providing biological databases and information services to support data deposition and exploitation.
Some of the databases we manage include:
* EMBL Nucleotide Database – Europeâ€™s primary collection of nucleotide sequences is maintained in collaboration with Genbank (USA) and DDBJ (Japan)
* UniProt Knowledgebase – a complete annotated protein sequence database
* Macromolecular Structure Database – European Project for the management and distribution of data on macromolecular structures
* ArrayExpress – for gene expression data
* Ensembl – Providing up to date completed metazoic genomes and the best possible automatic annotation.
* IntAct – Provides a freely available, open source database system and analysis tools for protein interaction data.
We have many other databases available including literature citation databases such as Medline. You can browse the databases we have available by choosing the appropriate category on the left navigation column.”